Field image


Last updated 3 Jun 2024

Blue Card

Who needs a Blue Card?

The Queensland Governments No Card - No Start policy requires that all Coaches, Managers, Volunteers or Club Referees over the age of 18 must have a valid blue card before working or engaging with children in a paid or volunteer capacity.

Football Queensland and RVFC also mandate that any Volunteers engaging with Children at the Club, in any capacity, must hold a valid blue card and must have provided proof to the Club prior to the commencement of the season. This includes a parent coaching their own child's team.

If you are eligible for an exemption due to your profession you will need to apply for an exemption card.

Proof of blue cards and exemption cards need to be emailed to

How to apply for a Blue Card

All applications can be submitted online, following the process below

  • Provide or apply for acustomer reference number (CRN)from the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR)Register for anonline account. You will need to provide identification (i.e. Driver's Licence) in order to complete registration.


  • Once the registration process has commenced, you will receive an email with an account number. Please forward youraccount numberalong with yourDOB to to link your application to RVFC. If your account is not linked to RVFC you will not be able to apply for the free volunteer Blue Card and may end up paying a fee.

  • Once your application has been linked you will be able to continue your registration in the portal.

  • Individual ID Cards will also be provided, from Football Queensland, to all registered Volunteers with the Club.

Official partners of Ripley Valley FC